The PES V matrix briquetting machine is the most simple, flexible, efficient and effective solution to the problems of densification and sintering.
The extreme flexibility of the machine allows processing of different materials.
Non-reusable MSW fractions, paper, cardboard and plastic
- Optimum size of about 40x40 mm
- Average humidity 15% max up to 20-23% depending on the characteristics required for the briquettes
- Homogeneous mixture of materials with minimum 25% of a low melting point plastics (LDPE polyethylene film)
Thermoplastic and thermosetting waste
- Mixed plastics similar to heterogeneous melting point (low/high melting point)
- Polyethylene washed, unwashed also mixed with other materials, polypropylene, PVC, ABS, polycarbonate
Car fluff from auto shredder residues (ASR) Material to process consists mainly of a mix of plastics, elastomers, rubber parts, textiles, protective coatings, electrical cables, glass, soil fractions and non-ferrous materials in general.
The requirements that such a mix must satisfy in order to ensure the effectiveness of the extrusion process are essentially:
- Optimum particle size of about 40x40 mm, easily achieved through pre-grinding.
- Max humidity up to 20-23% depending on the characteristics required for the briquettes.
Products and capacity
The briquettes have different shapes, sizes from 40-200 mm, an average degree of compactness and high adherence.
Briquettes can then be ground (in a shredder without grid) to obtain a mix of high density material with a variable size 5-80 mm, particularly suitable for fluidized bed furnaces.
Specific gravity between 0,4 and 1,2 kg/dm³.
Moisture content ranges between 2 and 11% depending on the composition of the feedstock.
Up to 3.500 kg/h.
Capacity varies depending on the characteristics of the treated waste and the desired output
Waste is characterized by the inconsistence of its quality.
Moisture, density, composition and size can vary significantly. The PES was designed to automatically compensate for any fluctuations, to maintain the production rate as stable as possible or the quality of the output. The main motor is generously oversized to maintain the production rate even in the presence of material more “difficult” to treat. Under normal conditions, however, 60% of installed capacity is used.
The control system, based on PLC, continuously monitors several parameters, including electrical power consumption and temperature of the extruded material, in order to adjust the operations of the machine accordingly.
The control action is based on these principles:
- Decrease in electrical power consumption: the speed of the augers of the feeding bunker is increased, to maintain a constant production rate
- Increase in electrical power consumption: the control system acts on the matrix of extrusion, by opening the top, allowing an easier flow of material.
- Decrease in the temperature of the material, below a desired value: the control system closes the extrusion matrix , decreases the speed of the augers of the feeding bunker, reduces the motor speed.
- Increase in the temperature of the material: the control system opens the extrusion matrix, increases the speed of the augers of the feeding bunker and increases the speed of the main motor
Advantages resulting from treatment with PES
- Strong decrease of the densification time.
- Fewer machines to install and manage, and relative reduction of investment costs
- Reduced footprint
- Lower electric power installed and used
- Simplified maintenance
- Increased productivity and versatility of the system
- Low running costs and operation of the plant
Brochure Promeco extruder system PES600